Unique combination of a large agency’s background, experience and contacts with a small agency’s individual client attention and dedication. Your company will be represented personally by our MD, Anita Powell, who has 16 years of experience of working in the luxury travel trade
- Experienced in generating innovative marketing campaigns and solutions that support and enhance public relations and sales
- Proven track record for substantially increasing sales and exposure through the development of clear, focused and targeted strategies
- Increased efficiency and cost savings by leveraging existing Small World Marketing offices and infrastructure
- Excellent contacts and intimate knowledge of UK/European trade and media to help enhance your presence in these markets
- Elite portfolio of clients ensuring your company is affiliated with some of the top properties in Africa and the Indian Ocean
- Exclusive selection of clients allowing us to give each client the dedication and attention they deserve
In order to ensure that the strategy we follow is aligned with your organisation’s objectives we follow a four step plan to create a tailor-made marketing plan:
- Establish your objectives: take time to understand your key outcomes; whether you seek an increase in sales, a change of opinion in the media or a specific commercial goal.
- Determine existing media & trade opinions about your company enabling us to develop a marketing & PR plan with the insight of the market influencers. This allows us to address any misperceptions and devise a strategy where each tactic is aligned with issues or opportunities.
- Develop the strategy according to your budget and timeframe including measurement criteria so you are able to assess our performance as well as your company’s.
- Deliver a written report to clients on a monthly basis detailing activity and achievements enabling you to quickly review the success of our communication strategy. This transparency is a trademark of the way we work.
ANITA POWELL, MANAGING DIRECTOR
Anita has an extensive knowledge of the luxury travel industry, and has built up strong relationships with key contacts at a senior level in both the media and trade during the fifteen years she has been working in the industry. Anita set up Small World Marketing in January 2006 as she identified a gap in the market for a specialist representation company offering the full complement of trade and PR activities. Anita is the Vice Chair of the African Travel Trade Association.
JULIE HEDLEY, PR MANAGER
Julie’s background has been in marketing, promotions and sales gained from working in vibrant multi-national companies predominantly in the Far East including The Economist Group, The Walt Disney Company and prior to that with Conde Nast UK in the UK. Julie has a passion for communication, problem solving and of course travel!
CATHERINE ARMSTRONG, PR, SALES AND MARKETING EXECUTIVE
Catherine’s love affair with Africa started when she spent a year working in SA and travelled extensively around Southern Africa. She has since returned whenever time & budget allows! She spent 13 years in Communications and CSR, working for large corporate organisations including Sky, before joining SWM where she supports Julie and Anita across the PR and Sales /Marketing work.
JOANNA WHITE, OFFICE MANAGER
Jo is our invaluable office organizer. Dealing with everything from accounts to broken printers, admin and endless tidying, Jo ensures our office run smoothly with a meticulous efficiency!